This is where one finds out about the money the candidates did NOT want you to see: (BTW: here is ours; money from two sources, both principled conservative people/entities- ALL of it went straight into our one composite voter guide mailer for the runoff that went to 80,000 homes across North Texas)
- Linda Koop’s (Sefanti Carter’s opponent) BIGGEST donor for this period was Texas Parent PAC.
Who donates ONLY to the significantly more liberal candidate in any race in support of the education bureaucracy (NOT true education).
Texas Parent PAC donated over $50,000 to Wendy Davis in the last two years.
In trying to argue that they DO donate to conservatives, the example she gave was….Bennett Ratliff. Who had a 53% composite conservative score, and a horrific fiscal score; and was just booted by his constituents because of it. If this is Linda Koop’s definition of ‘conservative’, be afraid District 102; be VERY afraid. (Consultant group: Murphy Nasica & Associates)
- Glenn Callison (Matt Shaheen’s opponent) got a smaller by still significant donation from Texas Parent PAC and a HUGE amount of money in the last month from the Realtor’s PAC- over 100,000. That’s getting into a somewhat concerning ‘buy a state rep’ range. This group backs lots of people in the business area; some good some bad. Not like Texas Parent PAC who is ideologically consistent- in the wrong way. (Consultant group: Murphy Nasica & Associates)
- DeWayne Burns – (District 58 – Johnson & Bosque counties; Philip Eby’s opponent) received about $10,000 from Texas Parent PAC as well. Also money from Pete Geren and Byron Cook, NOT the friends of principled conservatives. Also Charles Butt. (Consultant group: KC Strategies LLC )
- John Wray – (District 10; Ellis and part of Henderson counties; TJ Fabby’s opponent) received about $4,500 from Texas Parent PAC as well. Also money from Pete Geren, Jim Pitts and Byron Cook, NOT the friends of principled conservatives. Also Charles Butt. (Consultant group: Murphy Nasica & Associates)
- David Dewhurst – Got $3 million in loads from Community Bank- a lill every 2 weeks. Lot of VERY large donations from individuals and a a couple national PACs- but VERY little fro the usual suspect PACs. Seems like they pegged him for a lost cause int the last month, if not sooner. Short of a miracle, Dewhurst will lose- and owe several million when he does. I am skeptical anyt of his very generous buddies will be all that generous if he takes the beating that seems to be in the cards.
- Dan Branch – Branch’s reporting is FULL of VERY large last minute donation reported by ‘telegram’- AFTER the 8 day report was filed. Over $420K in these donations were so reported. VERY unusual.
- Tommy Merritt – is a REAL mess from a campaign finance perspective- Has $900K in outstanding loans- and hasn’t received much more than $100K of contributions for the ENTIRE campaign. NO WAY he recoups most of that without a really improbable win.
- Ryan Sitton – HUGE amounts of oil patch donations; over $1.2 million in donations- AND he has $1.4 million in loans. $342K for ONE PAC the ‘Conservative Republicans of Texas’ – which aren’t all that conservative in some areas. .
- Bob Deuell – is just the opposite. Huge amounts of PAC money; is there ANY special-purpose PAC that did NOT donate to Deuell. a real ‘man of the people’. less than 20% of his donations were ‘small ($200 or less).